300 H&H AI brass can be formed from?

Wallowa Hunter

Now I went and did it. I ran across a really clean Remington 721 chambered in 300 H&H Ackley Improved. It was built by Ackleys shop back in the late 50's. I got it from the original owner, but one of his family snagged all the brass and ammo he had for it.

Everyone but Nosler seems to be out of this size. If needed I will get it from them. But seeing how I am going to have to fire-form it, is there anything close that I should try to get? 375 H&H and neck it down and then fire-form it?

Any idea's?

Thanks

8mm Rem mag

The closest commercial cases I'm familiar with are the 7mm STW or the parent case of that the 8mm Rem Mag. The later would probably be my first choice. Neck down and move the shoulder back a little and you will almost be there. The resulting round should be very similiar to the 300 Weatherby, not bad company! Load her with 200 Accubonds and you're ready for most anything!

Sounds like a sweet rifle and cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.