300-416

Can it be done? Yes
Practical? No
Over bore/overboard ? Most definitely
All it takes is money. If you want it go for it. I'm Curious of what the barrel life would be.

Can it be done? Yes
Practical? No
Over bore/overboard ? Most definitely
All it takes is money. If you want it go for it. I'm Curious of what the barrel life would be.

I imagine not too long, but won't ever know till it's built and tested

I want to one day have a wide collection of 300s

a 300 werewolf, raptor, Pegasus, and remington ultra mag

Along with this. I wonder what kind of performance and ballistics you could get out of this.

From what I have read the 300 werewolf is the hottest 30 cal round out there.

Might want to name it the .300 Dragon, because that thing will be breathing fire like nobody's business.... Lol:D

Do you think launching a 240 grain pill @ 3650 fps is too much even for this hypothetical cartridge?

Names I have in mind so far...

300 Cupcake, 300 Grizzly, 300 Titan, or 300 Dracula

Dragon would be a good name

I'm not home to check load data, but if memory serves me correctly, I'm just south of 3,400. That's with a stiff dose of VV 24N41 and coated bullets.

That is cookin right there. Have you tested it at extended ranges? Would 180s be too light for a 416 Barrett case you think?

I want this rifle to be knock a Kodiak into next week from a distance

That is cookin right there. Have you tested it at extended ranges? Would 180s be too light for a 416 Barrett case you think?

I want this rifle to be knock a Kodiak into next week from a distance

I've put it on paper at 1,760, mile, and it hangs around 12"-14" groups. I typically drag it along when we go shoot groundhogs and prairie dogs, and have fun calling head shots at 500 and beyond. Sort of a "novelty" rifle..

I've never played with the 416 Barrett case, but my experience with the Rigby case is that I'm not sure I would go any larger..

This cartridge would not be my choice for Kodiak at any distance.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.