30 WOLF

Crow Mag

Like I mention, many shooters would not make it to the next plate after 1000 yds even the way you explained the procedure.

Most of us are so use to a spotter shot or two that we never shoot what we call, "in the dark", at a live target even paper or steel.

As a matter of fact, even during the 1000 yd Williamsport matches, the shooters will use the impact area BEHIND the targets for their first shot or two to judge the wind , spot the shot, and make scope corections, before going to their "Sighter" target. The sighter round is 6 minutes long.
A spotter shot normally will get the shooter close to the bull when going to the target and cause the pit crew less work. Less shots are then taken during this round to eleminate excessive heat build up before your match round.

Brent

Yes, at 1500 and 2000 yards things change quick. A 36" target can be hit at those ranges with repeatability if the wind holds for you. If the wind does "tricks" you will miss, but be "VERY" close to the steel.

Later
DC

Darryl
I am looking forward to learning these techniques you are talking about. I think this will be a good learning experience for all
grin.gif

Crow Mag

Could someone tell me how a 30 wolf would compare with a 30/416 Ribgy Imp for exterior ballistics shooting a 220 matchking? Also which one has the potenial to be more accurate. I am shooting a 30" barrel.

Tater Man.... A 30 Wolf will fire a 220 MK at 3,220 fps out of a 30 inch Lilja barrel with powders that are not temp sensitive.

Nighthawk.... For the 300 wby. I like H1000 for 190 and lighter, and Hodgdon Retumbo for 200 gr. and heavier.

Si, what are you doing up so late? You should be in bed instead of watching Speed 2 like me.
grin.gif
Is Retumbo somewhat temp sensitive? Is there anything you can add about these Tungsten bullets? What makes them different? Thanks

[ 05-22-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Not at all, last year a couple of lots got out that were no good, but the recent stuff is excellent.

I am more the ACM awards type, loved to hear all those rips on the Dixie Twits!
grin.gif

Yeah, it really ****ed me off what one said about Bush. After a point you cross the line, but the funny thing that Bush said was that he could care less what they think of him. Come on man, out with it.
grin.gif
What makes them better??

I can't fault her for that, wait till everyone on this board finds out the position he takes on the next round of gun control legislation. Politics is a dirty business.

I did not enjoy explaining the letters on her shirt to my daughter, she is one classless wench.

S1 made me a full-length sizer and a seater. The sizer required a Newlon blank, and the seater is a Forster Ultra micrometer seater that he machines the sleeve on. I think both dies, parts and labor, were around $350...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.