• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 30 338 lapua improved

wolverine99

I have a 30 338 lapua improved for sale. The gun was built by Shawn Thomason in Craigmont, ID. Gun shoots sub MOA with Bergers and Hammer Hunters. I have shot the 230 and 210 Bergers, 181 Hammer Hunters and all shoot well using RL 33. I didn't have much luck with the eldx or barnes LRX. Gun weighs in at 14lbs ready to hunt (that includes a harris bi pod that is not for sale). Only selling it because I am only getting older and weaker! Gun has 674 rounds through it. Only things to point out are scratches on the trigger guard, the color run on the bottom of the stock which is how it came from McMillian and a little discoloration and a couple small pits on the bolt because I was a dummy and didn't take care of it after days of hunting in the rain (I tried to capture it in the photos). Below are the details of the build.

Defiance Deviant action, magnum bolt face, single action

Lilja #7 5R fluted barrel 10 twist 27" to the back of the brake

Painkiller medium brake

McMillian A2 with sniper fill stock, 2 swivel studs, machined in pillars

Action is glass bedded

Jewel trigger with top safety, currently set at about a pound

Leupold Mark 4 6.5x20x50 with M1 turrets for both windage and elevation, TMR reticle with nightforce lightweight rings

Will come with a custom Whidden bushing sizer and Wilson seater. Asking price is $2200.00 plus shipping costs from my FFL to your FFL. At this price I figure most will just buy the set up for the action, stock and scope due to the higher shot count of this speedster. I will purchase a run of the mill hard case to ship it in. May be interested in a varmint rifle in trade if it's the right setup. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• DSCN0592.JPG
    DSCN0592.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0593.JPG
    DSCN0593.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • DSCN0594.JPG
    DSCN0594.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • DSCN0598.JPG
    DSCN0598.JPG