30-30 bolt action

I base my loading levels on the max preasures achived by 44mag and the 7/30 Waters round. This is the only cartridge out of many that I have ever exceeded max loading levels with and I've put at least a couple thousand rounds down range, with no adverse effects.
I do realize the potential for hazard here though and that is why I do not disclose my actual loading limits. I treat this round as a wildcat. I only partial FL size also which gives my ammo the appearance of a double shoulder and mark all my boxes clearly for single shot rifles only. Yeah if I die before I use it up someones going to have to deal with it, but I'll have likely given all my guns away by then.
Thanks for the advise about using 225 brass, That may solve my sticking cartrige problem at the higher loading level!

I base my loading levels on the max preasures achived by 44mag and the 7/30 Waters round. This is the only cartridge out of many that I have ever exceeded max loading levels with and I've put at least a couple thousand rounds down range, with no adverse effects.
I do realize the potential for hazard here though and that is why I do not disclose my actual loading limits. I treat this round as a wildcat. I only partial FL size also which gives my ammo the appearance of a double shoulder and mark all my boxes clearly for single shot rifles only. Yeah if I die before I use it up someones going to have to deal with it, but I'll have likely given all my guns away by then.
Thanks for the advise about using 225 brass, That may solve my sticking cartrige problem at the higher loading level!

what will happen first is the hinge pin will get loose in the bores. Then your headed for trouble after that. A 30 Herret shooting 150 grain bullets and a full load of 2015 will eat the hinge pin up in about 250 rounds with pretty stiff loads. Most guys that shoot IHMSA go thru a hinge pin bore twice a year with just about all the 30 calibers and bigger. The 44 mag and 445 supermag seem to be easier on the pins for some odd reason, and I shoot some seriously stiff 250 grain hunting loads (1750fps with a 12" barrel and H110) The supermag is a 14" custom reamed barrel, and I really don't see a lot more velocity out of it. Perhaps with 300 grain bullets, but not 250 grain bullets. The best round for the G2 frame is a .444 case necked down and shortened a little bit to 30 caliber. Avoid the 430 JDJ! You can shorten the case about .125" and get the same velocty as the .430.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.