3-lb hunting trigger, M700

For the Poundage your Talking about, just get, a Timney Elite Hunter, Trigger.
Mine Cost $134.00 from Midway on a sale.
Can "set" them from, 1.5 to 4 Pounds,.
I set mine at, 1.75 Pounds, on my Rem 700 Sporter and it was, PERFECT for my, Target / Varmint Hunting, uses !
My Jewell, Match Trigger is set at,< 1 Pound, BUT it stays on the Bench or without, a Shell in Chamber, when Hiking around for Yotes and Costs, TWICE as much !
What he said ^^^&&^^^^^^^.. The less expensive way is to have a gunsmith adjust your trigger down, for someone who has never shot a gun with a lite trigger, I would recommend 21/2 to 3lbs. And as was mentioned above, get a Timney from Midway if you feel you have to buy a trigger. Try it on 1 gun, till you get use to it.

I would look at a Trigger Tech over the Timney. For me, the break is cleaner on the TT than the Timney I have. Have also had some issues with the bolt release sticking on it. Not a big deal, but it just is annoying.

Trigger Tech Special is the other one I was looking at. I want to like Jewell
but I'm just unsure about setting a Jewell at the high end of its range, or what
the Jewell would feel like at that setting.

Jewels will work on the high end but that kind of defeats their designed purpose of running very light. If I wanted a higher 2.5-3 # trigger and wanted the narrow shoe of the jewel. I would opt for the Bix and Andy Dakota. Thin shoe, glass rod break and very easy to clean when it gets dusty as the side opens.

I have one on one of my rifles and so far it's been great.