2nd Annual 1,000 Yard Cold turkey Shoot

Ernie,
Looks like Rich is going to be busy this year.
And now there will be more than Matt and I going from WI too. I"ll have to bring along some cheese for the rest of you guys ;-))

Mike

I called MGM. I am going to have a bbl in 6.5-284 made. They are waiting for blanks. It should be done in 6 weeks. I might have something else made that will allow me to shoot in the unlimited class. I will have to think about what cal to do that one in.

Where would I aquire a forearm like you were talking about? I didnt think to ask but would MGM have something like that as well?

Glad to hear some other WI people are going. Sounds like a good time. I am always up for trying something new and this sounds like a good challenge for me. How many people were at this event last year?

MGM makes a hangar bar forend I believe
338hammer has a forend that should up a running soon
Jim Hendershot makes a wood pillar bedded forend
A man on the specialtypistol site makes custom forends to order. User name is otter.

I do not have an Encore and don't use my contender much so I am not as much in the know on furniture for break-open actions.

This long range shoot sound kind of fun and hunlee would like to come if time off from work can be had.Hopeing for new barrel and scope long before long range compatition start in as hunlee needs to get practice up

hunlee

No my scopes are stock LR's with the B&C reticle. Once I get a load made up I will order turrets. For that range it would will be hard for me to shoot (plus I am really new to this) much less trying it without turrets.

Cold Turkey Shoot

I have grown to know and enjoy Ernie and some of the other guys that will be at this shoot. If I were to go it would be to look at the cool guns and share time with some incredible people. These are pretty special people and a lot of fun to be had before the shooting begins.

A special twist 223AI on the contender , 6.5X284 on an Encore and what have you in the bolt guns are all good.

Heck, Ray Prager won the 500 yd. leg last year with his 223 AI Contender using an old AR barrel a buddy gave to him. Can u believe it?

TC CONTENDER win shootin match at 500 yard.......hunlee now has evin more hope for long range shooting with contender......i thinkin that xp an other both action gun will win for sure for log range shooting......better get me new barral and scope on order today.......hope to be at shoot and hunlee should be all practice up by shootin time.......Driving time for hunlee to get there but not to far as hunlee will be driveing in from Denver area

hunlee

Here is a pic of the three winners at 500, 750 & 1K:

IMG_1070.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.