• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 280 Ackley on Rem 700 action

James Jones

I got this rig together a while back and have relized that its an "inbetween gun" for me so I figure that one of you guys can possibley make better use out of it. here is what it breaks down to
NOTE : I'm keeping my Jewell Trigger !!
trued Rem 700 action non J-lock BDL
28" Pac-Nor supermatch SS barrel that comes with a KDF brake and knurled nut if you don't want the brake. The barrel conture is a Sendero profile
the stock is a factory Rem XCR that has had the barrel channel opened , a 9" long 1/4" diameter Titanium rod beded in the forend and the entire forend filled with bedding compound to fit the barrel yet leave it floated , it has also been piller and action bedded. The stock has also had a palm swell added to help ift the bigger hands but its not to big. All topped off iwht a grey paint with black and white speck.
The gun has 144 rounds through it with 50 being break in , this gun will shoot the 162gr A-max's under 1/2" with several differant loads. It also reaches 3000 fps easly with fire formed brass and VV-165 with zero pressure signs.

I'm realy only looking to sell it but may consider trades for some high quality higher power scopes.
Asking $800 shipped.
Again , it does NOT come with a trigger I'm keeping my Jewell for another project
feel free to E-mail for any other questions.

jjones75 @ bellsouth.net

Price reduced to $750 shipped and if you have a Rem 700 trigger I'll install and tune to 2.5 lbs

this would be a great rig to get into the LR game.

I'll try to jack the wifes camera and get some pics.

Remingtonman_25_06 , the only place for me to shoot past 200yds is at my hunting club a few hrs away and since this time last year I haven't been able to do to much LR shooting. The reloads I was using was showing very low ES numbers. This combined with the good groups at 100yds should equal out to a goor LR rig.
I have another 280Ai that was chambered with the same reamer on the same barrel only 26" and fluted and it shoot very well , this gun is another reason that its being sold. 'I've got a 260 on the way and a 300Win so their realy isin't a big need for this caliber for me
feel free to shoot me an E-mail

Anybody even intersted in seeing it? I've got pics of the brake to barrel fit , bedding and whole gun.
Hell I might even be able to throw in this set of Peltor Tac 7-s head set?

Hi JD. I'd like to see your pics please. Just email them to me, or post them here, whichever is easier. Thanks!