• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 280 Ackley Improved, Rem 700

Sandstrom22

Hello all, I have a 280 Ackley improved that I had built this past summer for my girlfriend for deer hunting around here but she is not a fan of how heavy the gun is with the sendero barrel and tactical stock. The gun has been in the field 2x and spilled blood the second time, proven killer at 200yds (furthest the gun has been shot). I havent had a lot of time to play with the gun as I am a Left Handed shooter or else I would keep this gun as a back up for me. The gun has around 45 bullets down the tube. Most of which were the factory 140Grain Nosler accubond's which group around or just under an inch group at 100 yards. I have done very little ballistic testing on this gun, only one trip to the range with about 5 different loads, H1000 shot the best but I was limited on powder supply which I use in my personal rifle so we stuck with Enduron 7977 with 150grain LR accubond and got it to group around 1/2" at 100yds. The gun is a Remington 700 action with standard bolt face, the chambering and reamer work was done by Curt at HK gunshop of forest grove, Oregon. The Stock is a black with grey web Bell and Carlson Stock and the Bottom metal is a BDL style. The trigger and recoil lug are factory, and the gun has not been Trued since my gunsmith doesn't do blueprinting/Trueing. I didn't have any pictures of groups so I ran out to my friends farm and shot two groups at 100 yds today. First group was without my rear saddle bag which is center of target aiming point is the red 10 but i ended up finding it in my truck and ended up with a good group at the bottom 3 shots at a .3" group with one floater up above the first three. The barrel is a Douglas SS .284 1&9 twist 26" long with a target crown, Sendero contour. The Scope on the rifle is a Leupold Vx-3 4.5-14-40 with CDS system installed, with talley medium rings hand lapped. Gun Weight is 11.5 lbs. Barrel has been bead blasted, so it has a little bit of a Dull finish. Couple very small marks on the barrel.

Bipod not included

Gun..
627$ for the bottom metal, stock, and barrel
200$ for the chambering
40$ for the rings
475$ action
640$ scope
89$ CDS install
15$ BT15 pic rail
15$ scope level
60$ Brass
50$ Shipping

shipped to your FFL for 2,000$ as seen without bipod

Without scope/bipod 1,400$

Pictures to follow.

image.jpg

1800 for the package......and 2100 for the package along with a Leupold TBR1000 rangefinder

According to Leupold the scope weighs 13.5oz and the talley rings can only weigh a few ounces. I can check when I get home from work. Mind you this weight of 11.5 lbs is off of a scale from bath and body work in my bathroom and not a certified scale. I can take it to a certified scale of your serious?