280 ACKLEY LOAD DATA NEW RIDGELINE

I don't buy it. I have a great load with RL26 and 168 LRAB. .5 MOA, 2900 FPS Single digit SD and ES. If all that powder isn't burning I would not expect such great results.
It's slower than RL23 and I would expect you'd have a bit of a flamethrower. But, who am I to disagree with real world experience. I love RL26. People can't believe it gives me 3000 fps with the 143 gr ELDX without pressure in my 6.5 Creed. So, believe me, I'm not doubting you.

Shout out to Steve at Hammer and dougduey for helping me out on my 280AI load workup. Both suggested moving from CCI BR2 primers to FED215 magnum with RE23 powder.
Settled down the random pressure issues I had with BR2 primers and RE23 powder.
Great job to both. Got me grounded again!
That's a testament to good communication and concern to help other members. Great job!

Shout out to Steve at Hammer and dougduey for helping me out on my 280AI load workup. Both suggested moving from CCI BR2 primers to FED215 magnum with RE23 powder.
Settled down the random pressure issues I had with BR2 primers and RE23 powder.
Great job to both. Got me grounded again!
That's a testament to good communication and concern to help other members. Great job!
Glad to help Bob. I've received a ton of help from many members on this site over the years, so I'm glad to pay it forward when I can.

After hearing all the great reviews about Hammer bullets, I just bought 100 284 143 Hammer Hunter. I saw the g7 is 253 what's the conversion to the g1. I very excited to try these in my 280 Ackley.
Jason

Great another reason I should get a chronograph.....what a terrible predicament.

I mean this will all due respect, but this day and age, $100 will get you a Pro Chrono and they work well. Another $25 for a tripod. I just can't wrap my head around the idea of someone trying to do any hand loading with out one. Hit Midway USA and get one coming!

To get close, double the G7 number to give you an approximate G1 number.
Just double the number is easy enough. I know whenever I do any load work I use a chronograph. I use the magneto Sporter version it's no lab Radar but it works great. The chronograph is an essential part of reloading. Thanks Dougduey for the conversion from G7 to G1.
Jason

This is an old thread, but i am trying to clarify which of these load recipes are for ridgeline 289ai. I have etip 150's, accubond 140's, and accubonds 160's. I am really hoping to get the etips or 160 AB to shoot well but have heard that the ridgelines dont like AB heavier than than 140. If anybody has experience specific to ridgeline 280ai with the bullets i would appreciate any advice to get started. Thank you

Recent Posts