28 Nosler

Like any other Christensen, 75% are shooters, 25% are duds.

I have shot 4 of them. 3 were true 1/2 MOA rifles, one went back for a rebarrel.

1:9" twist really limits the proper use of 195s or heavy monos. The 184s work very well however.

The Ridgeline is light, so felt recoil, even with a brake, is up there. Great for a mountain elk rifle.

I have shot 4 of them. 3 were true 1/2 MOA rifles, one went back for a rebarrel.

1:9" twist really limits the proper use of 195s or heavy monos. The 184s work very well however.

The Ridgeline is light, so felt recoil, even with a brake, is up there. Great for a mountain elk rifle.
Thanks.

Ok, I recently bought a 28 Nosler Mesa from Christensen Arms. Got it sighted in at 100 and it shoots great. Can completely cover a three shot group with a dime . Measured .348.

Yep, your exactly right, I have one, and I know 2 other buddies that bought them in 28 nosler. They would not shoot factory ammo for me. 2 of the rifles we're loading 175gr. Eldx and Retumbo getting 1/2 moa. They are about a 1/2 gr. Of powder difference for the same velocity of 3,160.
The 3rd rifle is a turd. Factory nosler ammo was having sticky bolt and ejector marks. It can't even be loaded to minimum book loads and shows pressure signs. He is down just under 2900 fps. It shoots well there but that's 7mm mag velocities, and defeats the purpose of buying a 28nosler. He has not sent it back to ca , but I sure would.
I'm happy with mine but if I had to do it over, I would probably spend a little more and go with a fierce.

I just picked one up in January and it shoots the factory loaded 162 eldx in a cloverleaf @100yds. I have about 50 rounds down the barrel so far and it seems to be picking up some speed during their recommended break-in process. The biggest downfall I can see so far, beside the lack of powders to try different combinations, is the 1 in 9 twist kind of limits you away from the heavier bullets. Im in the process of trying the 168 VLD & 169 Hammer Hunters with the powders I have on hand.................................JR

Buddy of mine bought a Ridgeline last week. Shot it this weekend with the Nosler 160 Accubond ammo. Thinks he is going to outshoot my printed 700 action, Proof 26 in barrel chambered for the 195 Bergers. So it must have shot well. I usually group 4 in at 800 with mine.

Buddy got one that was like Jake's friend. Hit pressure WAY to early but shot good at 2850-2900. He shot the 195's but decided it was like owning a top fuel dragster and running it at prius speeds...so he sold it and built one. His new one is pushing 195's over 3100 and more accurate.

I'll never own or recommend a Christensen.