28 nosler problems

180 Berger hybrid
N570
Velocity is 2994-3220 starting at 77 worked up to 82 nothing ever changed heavy bolt and ejector marks
Have you discussed the pressure issues with Fierce? Sounds like the chamber might be a little tight or even short headspaced especially if you have heavy bolt lift at that low of a charge.

I always run my camera down and look at a fired brass that's chambered to see how much room I got..I've had a 243 that was chambered wrong and the necks were touching end of chamber with factory loads.

I always run my camera down and look at a fired brass that's chambered to see how much room I got..I've had a 243 that was chambered wrong and the necks were touching end of chamber with factory loads.
It has no problems with factory ammo tho so I'm pretty sure its something I'm doing wrong haha jus can't figure out what it is. If I had a camera that would be nice to check out to make sure.

So factory brass is fine with no heavy lift/ejector marks but your handloads are pressure at low charge. Have you measured the shoulder of your new brass vs fired factory?
Also are you getting pressure with brand new Peterson brass or fired/resized?

So factory brass is fine with no heavy lift/ejector marks but your handloads are pressure at low charge. Have you measured the shoulder of your new brass vs fired factory?
Also are you getting pressure with brand new Peterson brass or fired/resized?
Yes it's only with hand loads. This thread is old I started it last year when I got the gun and worked through some other problems with the gun. Shoulders do not seem to be growing excessive 2.239 sized to 2.241 fired. Virgin Peterson brass has the same issue as once,twice fired

Yes it's only with hand loads. This thread is old I started it last year when I got the gun and worked through some other problems with the gun. Shoulders do not seem to be growing excessive 2.239 sized to 2.241 fired. Virgin Peterson brass has the same issue as once,twice fired
Have you tried sizing and reloading the factory fired brass?
Maybe there is just an issue with the Peterson brass.

I have tight neck benchrest rifles that have .001 clearance with turned necks...you are fine with .002+ clearance all day long....I wonder if your necks are too long though?
A 'tight' .001" clearance neck might be fine on a BR rifle, but .002" clearance on a magnum chambered hunting rifle is a recipe for disaster. .003-.004" is what is recommended on a magnum hunting rifle.