• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 28 Nosler, Defiance, McMillan GameWarden, Brux

Liddy

Phoenix Custom Rifles built 28 Nosler approx 155 rounds down the tube, Rifle has a Huskamaw 5-20X50 Scope with a stackable turret dialed into loads developed by Copper Creek ammo. Reloads with Copper Creek recipe are available. Rifle weighs 10.75 LBS
Shot cards by Copper Creek shown below - 3 @ 100 yards and two @ 300 yards shot during load development

$4,000 with Huskamaw 5-20X50 Blue Diamond Scope
$2,700 NO Scope or Rings

- Defiance Deviant "Hunter"
- McMillan GameWarden Stock 13.5" LOP
- Brux #5 Barrel
- American Precision Arms Micro Bastard Brake
- PTG BDL Bottom Metal
- Trigger Tech Primary set @ 2 LBS
- Hawkins Precision Tactical Scope Rings

*BIPOD NOT INCLUDED*

Price is "SHIPPED" and insured from my FFL to your FFL in a hard case.

Method of payment would be personal check or USPS money order, rifle will be held until check is cleared.

The shot cards I have are from Copper Creek during load development with virgin brass, the rifle has tightened up on reloads.

Liddy
IMG_3284.jpg
IMG_3285.jpg
IMG_3288.jpg
IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

Last edited:
Load/velocities please?

You Sir have some fine irons!
Thanks, I have been getting some nice rifles put together by a couple of really good Gunsmiths.

This rifle is throated for the Berger 195 EOL, that is all I have shot. The initial developed load was Berger 195 gr EOL @3,033 fps using H1000, CCI 250's, this is a conservative load based on all I have read. The barrel has increased in speed and is now right around 3,070 fps. This was my first custom and being a beginner to reloading at the time I did not bump the shoulders back when reloading. There are right at 61 reloaded rounds that are tight when chambering, there are another 40 rounds loaded with virgin Nosler brass. The rounds that have not had the shoulder bumped were definitely higher in velocity.
Pictured below are the initial 100 rounds from Copper Creek which have been reloaded twice (61 rounds remain) and 50 (35 loaded, 15 once fired) additional rounds loaded to the Copper Creek recipe.

Liddy
IMG_3300.jpg

Reduced, let's get this thing down the road. This thing will be ready to hunt in 5 rounds, I changed scope rings from the original Seekins to the current Hawkins Precision, so it will need a new 200 yard zero.

Liddy