• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 277AM for sale

srhaggerty

Guys this kills me to right this as my wife and I both love this rifle. But we need to fund some other things right now so something has got to go. Kibry builds one heck of a rifle and this one is no different. I have bigger builds in mind for the future anyway. So here is the specs:

277AM
30" Lilja Barrel with Holland QD brake
Rem 700 action blueprinted with sako extractor
Boyds thumbhole sporter
20 MOA picatinny base (Seekins Precision)
~75 pieces of brass
~75 140 gr Accubonds
~75 195 gr ULD RBBT
10 lbs of WC-872 powder
Foster Benchrest seating die
Hornday full length sizer
Redding 388 LM neck sizer and inserts

Asking $1750 + shipping for everything. Will consider a partial trade for a factory new 7WSM or 300WSM.

[email protected]

Here is a pic of the rifle.

moose007.jpg

How many rounds down the tube? Whats the contour of the Lilja? Nice looking stick!!

338LM case necked down? How about a little info on load and accuracy please? Looks interesting. Are you sure your wife knows about this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What does the rifle weigh? I have a 270 AM and have been looking at this wondering what I could do with it. What speeds did you get with the 169's and the 195's ? Thanks

JCFORD,

I think the rifle weighs in at 10 lbs. give or take.

With the 169's 3500 was about the top.
With the 195's it seemed like I was getting 3200-3250.

I really didn't shoot the rifle enough to do much load development. That is partly why I don't so bad letting her go. I just don't have the time right now.

Takman,

You are correct.

The load my wife shot that moose with was 102 grains of WC872. If I did my part no matter the powder charge I tested they printed better than .75" at 100. The best being in the high .4"'s. And this was very limited testing. Not really enough to do the rifle or the builder justice.

She does and she was said, but I told her in the future Kirby will build her, her very own 280 AI. So she was happy again.

Sean,

If I did not have a couple hunts to pay for this next year I would buy her back from you!!

Unfortunately I can not swing it right now.

Kirby Allen(50)

Recent Posts