• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 270 wsm vld ?

jstr

has anyone used redding dies I would like to reload for 270 WSM and just got a big boss 2 press I also use berger vld's in 140 and 150

I reloaded for 270 WSM with Berger 150 VLD's. I used RCBS dies but maybe I can help you out. If I knew what you needed to know, or what your concerns were about reloading the 270 WSM.

I used the Hornady COAL tool with the modified case to get seating depth, COAL, etc. Worth every penny, if you don't already have the system.

are redding micro dies worth the extra price tag if you are not in 1000 yard matches i'm just out about 600 yards . are they much more consistence . that is what i'm looking for

I've used both and prefer the micro seating dies but I haven't found them to be more consistent. I think they're easier to set up. When I start a new batch of reloads, the first few I count as my barrel fouling rounds. I tend to have less with the micro seating dies. There's just less guessing about how much you're adjusting the seating depth. Once either die type is set up, you probably get the same end result.

I think the micro adjust saves time and a couple test rounds. Lately time is my most scarce resource.

When it comes to value/saving money, i bought a neck sizing die for my 270 WSM. @ $2-$3/case, I want the brass to last.

i'm going to pick up the micro dies they are what i'm looking and also the hornady coal looks like a plan thank you very much for your time and experience I have lots to learn but that's 3/4 of the fun