.270 WSM for large game.

Jpete

Hello everyone, I'm new on here and appreciate the opportunity to talk with everyone. I hunt with a Browning X Bolt in .270 WSM. It's been primarily Wisconsin farm land whitetail. But looking like bear, and elk are in my near future. Now I am comfortable out to about 425 yards, and will definitely be practicing. What's some thoughts on the round for bigger game? And what bullet do you use? Thank you, Jsh

270 Win has been killing those animals just fine for almost 100 years, your short mag will do just fine provided you shoot straight.

Hello everyone, I'm new on here and appreciate the opportunity to talk with everyone. I hunt with a Browning X Bolt in .270 WSM. It's been primarily Wisconsin farm land whitetail. But looking like bear, and elk are in my near future. Now I am comfortable out to about 425 yards, and will definitely be practicing. What's some thoughts on the round for bigger game? And what bullet do you use? Thank you, Jsh
I shot my elk this year with the hornady precision hunter 145gr eldx at 431 yds. Worked awesome. The 270 wsm is a great round. Also shot a decent muley buck at 330 yds with it this year.

Shoot away, I killed a Colorado bull elk at 300 yards with 150 grain Nosler Partitions, complete pass thru. My Sako Tecomate also like 140 Nosler Accubonds and 150 Berger HVLD's. Good luck!

I appreciate it everyone, I do love the round, and do pretty decent at putting it where it needs to be. But I don't have the experience out west. I love how it shoots, and it's a hard hitter. I appreciate the nice welcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.