270 WSM Rem 700 newbie

kegirten

I reently bought a 270 WSM cal rem 700 sps. I want to shoot at long range targets 300 to 500 yards...and I need a good scope. What would be your recommendation?

Inexpensive I'd choose Burris FF-II 4.5-14X42 PA with the B-Plex. It's nutts on with 140Accubonds at 3100 fps.

For better glass that you can customise as you can afford I'd choose Leupold VX-III 4.5-14X40 A/O Used on Craigslist. Send it to the custom shop for Varmint Hunter reticle. It's also nutts on with 140Accubonds at 3100fps. You do not have to be the original purchaser of the scope. Warranty is forever, & custom shop upgrades are inexpensive. I've bought many of them, & gone this route for economic reasons.

2 of the 3 270WSM's I load for, wear one or the other of the above mentioned.
For the limited range of only 5-600yds there's no point in dialing yardage. Although with the Leupy, you can have turrets installed later if you wanna reach out there a ways.

Thanks for the reply!

I was looking at a BDC reticle as well. I appreciate your recommendations.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.