.270 w/ 130gr. Bergers

54.5 grains IMR 4350 seated on the lands. With the 130 gr classic hunters. Got a similar group at 54.0 gr. I hope to tighten them up with 0.1 gr. steps and seating depth changes. Have you been able to try yours yet Tbuckus?

Just got them in the mail today. They were attached to a powder order so I had to wait a bit until they shipped it. Hopefully I'll have time this week to reload.

Picked up some 130gr Berger Classic Hunters to try out with my .270.

I know this isn't a traditional long range gun, but I'm hoping someone out there has used these and can give me some input with data.

I'm curious what you consider a "traditional" long range gun? Growing up reading Jack O'connor the .270 was THE traditional long range gun. I've used a truck load of H4831 to launch 130 grain Ballistic Tips down range. Definitely not in the modern super whizbang realm of long range shooting but for most realistic hunting situations you should be just fine.

I'm curious what you consider a "traditional" long range gun? Growing up reading Jack O'connor the .270 was THE traditional long range gun. I've used a truck load of H4831 to launch 130 grain Ballistic Tips down range. Definitely not in the modern super whizbang realm of long range shooting but for most realistic hunting situations you should be just fine.

Quite a few magnums.
I am not an expert. Still new to this site and try to read/ learn when I have time.

No worries. Just bustin your chops a little.To me saying a .270 Win is not a traditional long range cartridge is like saying a Ford Mustang is not a traditional muscle car :)

Like I said you should have no problem with the old .270 Win and the modern bullets are only making it better.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.