264 and lrt

Didn't know gold dots had a lube on them. This a model 70 I've had since mid 80. Had it dressed up as a 264 laredo with rock creek barrel couple years ago. If I can get a nod around 3100 I be happy. Only use it in stands 200 yards out. Bought 200 pieces of primed brass few years back. Plus had about 150 1st fired.
The following is shamelessly stolen from Lane Pearce, in a Shooting Times article:
"...I quickly discovered that handling Gold Dot rifle bullets requires a bit more focus and dexterity because they're coated with a slick, powdery residue. When I asked Speer's Product Development Engineer Jeff Williams about it, he explained that the pure copper jacket is stickier than typical gilding metal (copper/zinc alloy) used on jacketed bullets. The boron-nitride coating makes them quite slippery in the bore..."

Need to put together some 264 WM rounds. Due to shortages can't find what I normally use, but I do have 129 sst's and a unopened jug of lrt. Nosler has load data on 129/130 bullets. Would it be good to go with sst's. Anybody tried LRT in 264 WM?
This is an unfired 140 gold dot, and one recovered in the offside shoulder of a Mulie at 263 yards. Speer lists the BC at .571

Attachments

• Copy of 010 (1).JPG
    Copy of 010 (1).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 58

Recent Posts