260 Rem , Barnes 127gr LRX

Hespco

I;ve been using a Savage model 16 stainless 260 Rem 22" Bbl. for my elk hunting for several years. My bullet of choice has been the Barnes 120gr TSX. It never failed me. But I just wanted to experiment with other bullets. Last year I tried a Badlands Precision Bulldozer 125gr. It took my elk cleanly with one shot at about 30 to 35 yds. So, I have some Barnes 127gr LRX. I thought I might try these this coming season. Working with the same load as used with the 125gr Badlands I came out with the exact same load. Keep in mind these loads are for "MY RIFLE ONLY." Also not responsible for typeoooo'ss. If you use any of my info be sure & start way low & work up gradually. Using CCI 250 LR mag primers. 47.5grs Rel 26 & the Barnes 127gr . Bullet seated to an OAL of 2.778. MV came out at 3039fps.Bullet is seated deep before groups shrunk. B
260 group 7-3-23 001.JPG
260 group 7-3-23 002.JPG
ullets seated deep!!! See picture. I have two of these Savage stainless 260 Rem's & they both shoot great. Any way four shots at100yds, about 1 1/2" high. Forgot to mention, first shot was the one to the left. Temp was 92dg & I'm shooting at am elevation of about 3000'.

The 120 gr tsx 7mm was my go to for years and never an issue. I tried the lrx but never hunted with them. One problem I found with the tipped bullets, the tips on several boxes I have in 257 and 7mm wobbled when rolled on a table. Went to tsx and never again used the tipped versions. Using Hammers now and so far so good over the last 2 years. Tried hammers after Barnes got scarce a few years ago. Good luck on your hunt

I have used Barnes, Hammers & Badlands in my 6.5's. Can't tell any difference in game taken. One shot on e;lk with any of them & the elk go down. Comes down to trigger squeeze & shot placement.

I have used Barnes, Hammers & Badlands in my 6.5's. Can't tell any difference in game taken. One shot on e;lk with any of them & the elk go down. Comes down to trigger squeeze & shot placement.
I agree. Never tried badlands though but I have looked at them.