260 bushing size

Firearrow

I am patiently waiting for my 260 to be built and in the mean time I am gathering the components for reloading. I plan on a 140gr Berger in Lapua brass and I was hoping that someone out there was running the same set up and could advise me on the size bushing they use for a Redding Type S bushing. I will also be neck turning it for an 80% clean up. So if anyone is running this set up with or without neck turing I would appreciate the size bushing you are using.

You will need to turn your brass first. Then, if you have a ball micrometer, get some accurate measurements of your case neck wall thickness. Take that X 2, add your bullet diameter and subtract your desired bullet tension (usually .001" - .002") and that will give you your bushing size. OR you can seat a bullet in your turned neck and measure the O.D., then subtract your desired tension. Both methods will give you your bushing size, but it helps to have one smaller and one larger by .001" just in case your brass is not consistent.

Thankyou for the response, and I don't mean to be disrespectful. I know how to obtain the correct bushing size, I just need the ball park bushings to get when I make my order for the dies. Would be nice to get dies, brass, bullets, and bushings in one order. Ya I am a tight wad.

I know Sam Millard uses 0.293" bushing with lapua brass and bergers but I don't think he neck turns. He has a few videos on Rokslide.

I know Sam Millard uses 0.293" bushing with lapua brass and bergers but I don't think he neck turns. He has a few videos on Rokslide.

Sent him a message and have not heard back. I know he is starting to build his own rifles and is a busy guy. So I didn't want to keep bugging him. With the numbers you gave me a .292 and a maybe a .291 will be a good start for my all in one order.

Thanks

I roll mine in a .292 with unturned Lapua. I need a .291 for Remington brass. I own a .293 as well never used it.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.