• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 260 Ackley Improved, MCS-T, Proof Research barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger1183

260 Ackley Improved, MCS-T, Proof Research barrel

For sale is my 260 Ackley Improved built on a Manners T stock, with a 24" Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel, a SS Howa 1500 action with EGW rail. This barrel has seen less than 1000 rounds, is in excellent condition. The rifle is professionally bedded and is rock solid. The rifle is an excellent shooter, sub-MOA in competent hands.

Brass and dies are included!

$1550.00 USPS Money Orders only, shipped to your FFL from me (a private individual).

Rifle specs:

Stock: O.D. Green Manners T stock with 3 sling studs and a 1" thick recoil pad professionally bedded.

Barrel: 24" stainless steel cut-rifled 1:8.5 twist Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel. Chambered and threaded by Cole at Proof Research.

Action: a Stainless Steel Howa 1500 (BDL) action. Built in Recoil Lug, M-16 type extractor, vented bolt in case of pierced primer. An EXCELLENT action!

Rail: EGW 20 MOA Picatinny Rail.

Weight of Rifle: 8 pounds 5 ounces.

Barrel inspected by: Gunsmith Ken Sedon and his Hawk Eye bore scope at Firearms Machining Services https://maps.google.com/maps?num=10...ei=LYKXUonwCtbZoASknoKABA&ved=0CIYHEPwSKAAwZQ in Kalispell, MT.

Rifle Bedded by: JD Thomas at High Speed Shooting Systems in Yakima, WA. High Speed Shooting Systems, Custom Gunsmithing, gun repair, Yakima Wa
2de6f5_e5ad8508885896c1d780d90ab2ee0e41.png_srz_p_980_535_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

This is an EXCELLENT rifle at an EXCELLENT price, but I don't have time for long range shooting anymore. No need to keep this out of the field if someone else can give it a good home. Brass and reloading dies included.

260AI-01-600x258.jpg

260AI-04-600x450.jpg

260AI-07-600x328.jpg

260AI-05-600x210.jpg

260AI-06-600x218.jpg

260AI-08-600x596.jpg

260AI-09-600x422.jpg

260AI-03-600x481.jpg

Scope, sling and bipod not included.

Price includes +300 pieces of 260AI brass and the complete Redding Competition Die set.

Redding Competition Bushing Neck Die Set, 260 Rem Imp 40°
Mfr Part: 58623

This die set includes a Competition Bushing Neck Sizing Die, a a Competition Bullet Seater Die, and a Body Die. Packaged in a Redding Die Box with a wrench.

REDDING COMPETITION BUSHING NECK DIE SET, CATEGORY III CARTRIDGES | Sinclair Intl

l_749008353_1.jpg

2013-12-17 Knocking another $100 off the price. Price drop to $1400.00 USPS Money Orders only, shipped to your FFL from me (a private individual).[/QUOTE]

2013-12-17 Knocking another $100 off the price. Price drop to $1400.00 USPS Money Orders only, shipped to your FFL from me (a private individual).

Come on, Guys! This is a GREAT DEAL. Somebody out there must want a 260 Ackley Improved! As light as it is, It will make a great Youth or Women's Hunting rifle. Lets get this thing sold!

Can you expand on the Accuracy & Load Development on this gun?

What load does it like and how far out did it hold .5 MOA?

What did the inspection of barrel surface? I saw a map showing location of the shop but not the report? How much life does the barrel have?

Are you happy with your Proof Barrel? Would you use them again?

Happy Holidays!

Great series of questions there. Let me take a crack at answering them.

Can you expand on the Accuracy & Load Development on this gun?

Accuracy & Load development are easy to explain.

Accuracy: I'm lucky to ever shoot under 1 MOA as I have a astigmatism in both eyes and a frightful caffeine addiction. I can shoot sub 1 MOA on good days and being able duplicate this feat often enough proved to me that the rifle can consistently be shot sub-MOA buy the right shooter.

Load development: First off, this 260AI brass has a case capacity of 58.0 grains of H20. When you run Quickload, choose the cartridge 6.5-08 and edit its case capacity. Next, simply load 20 rounds of brass in the neighborhood of the load you want. Separate each load from each other by .3 grains of powder. Go out and shoot this load at the range and log what rounds cluster with said powder charges. Very easy to accomplish.

What load does it like and how far out did it hold .5 MOA?
Load: I personally like using 4831SC so I start at 45 grains and work my way up.

.5 MOA?: You're talking to the wrong guy if you want to know about shooting sub .5 MOA! I've never shot that well and I know few people who have.

What (who?) did the inspection of barrel surface? I saw a map showing location of the shop but not the report? How much life does the barrel have?

Ken at Firearms Machining Services did the barrel inspection with his Hawk-eye borescope. As far as a "report" goes, he simply said the barrel and throat were in good condition and had plenty of life left in them. Savy?

Are you happy with your Proof Barrel? Would you use them again?

Yes, I have used Proof Research / ABS Barrels for many years now. I like them very much. If I ever get a high paying job again or win the lottery, I will buy a truckload of these barrels. For me they have proven to be golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.