257wby

I don't think so. He called me asking all kinds of questions. I think he sent his actions to Lilja and that's what he got. Not 100% sure on that.
I have excellent results with all of my Lilja barrels, but they chamber none of them. I'm not too fond of speculations, but if the error was on Lilja's end, they should fix it. I doubt they have the reamer for the BJ, but I could be wrong.

I have excellent results with all of my Lilja barrels, but they chamber none of them. I'm not too fond of speculations, but if the error was on Lilja's end, they should fix it. I doubt they have the reamer for the BJ, but I could be wrong.
It shoots outstanding. Just he had to trim a bunch off the brass.

If the only difference on the Blackjack reamer is less freebore, I think having to trim cases to make them fit (assuming the cases don't exceed SAAMI length) suggests that some other issue is going on. Does factory ammo chamber?

There are no 257 Bee Reamers that I know of that use a shorter neck. Less Freebore yes, but not a shorter neck. I would say that barrel was not chambered properly if the neck length is below SAAMI minimum. Your option if you want to live with that or not, but I know I wouldn't.

1688913089702.png

1688912969028.png

Last edited:
I don't think so. He called me asking all kinds of questions. I think he sent his actions to Lilja and that's what he got. Not 100% sure on that.
As I previously noted, there are too many uncertainties. I e-mailed Carson Lilja and asked him if they chamber anything other their profit barrels and below is his response.

IMG_0702.png

He had to Trim? or turn? if you are actually taking off the length. stop there and contact the person who did the work and figure it out. this could actually affect a lot of people if they chambered more than your barrel with a screwed-up reamer.

I wouldn't think a reamer could be screwed up that bad on a long neck Weatherby case to not notice.