257 Weatherby powder?

benchrest

Would love to duplicate the factory loads. Anyone have any idea as to what powder they use. I would guess it's Norma since they load the stuff and probably pretty fast burning since they seem to use about 66 gr.

I recall reading somewhere (can't remember where) that Norma used MRP in .257 Weatherby ammo. Don't know if that was for all loads or not. Can't find Norma powders around here locally. Personally, I've had very good success with H4831 and 117 grain gamekings.

The factory ammo uses alot of blended powders and it's usually pretty hot stuff.

Before I rebarreled my 257 to something else I got the best results with RL25 with the heavier bullets. FPS was usually always alittle less than the factory but my stuff shot better groups.

Wonder when or if we will get to see their blend or be able to buy any of it. Or at this point if we will be able to afford it available. Went to Cabelas yesterday and the powder shelves are empty....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.