25 Gibbs dies

TAWS

Where can I find reloading dies for a 25 Gibbs? Is there really any difference in the 25-06 Ackley Imp. and the 25 Gibbs?

If you are having trouble getting dies Lee used to make custom die sets for a $50.00 tool charge plus the dies. If they still offer the service your cost for a custom die set would be under $100.00 postage and tax incl.
What they wanted from you was 5 fired cases (from your rifle) and from them they would make the dies
I hope this helps you:D

There is a big enough difference between the two that firing an AI case in a Gibbs chamber is likely to cause the case to rupture or split.

To safely fireform cases for the Gibbs, you need to size the neck with a larger caliber die to create a "false shoulder" for the case to headspace against during the fireforming process. I have also heard of people seating the bullets long enough to jam in the rifling to accomplish the same thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.