25-06 varmint load

Haven't killed anything with this load yet, but it shoots MOA out to 500 yds.
85gn Nos. BTs
49 gn IMR 4350
.010 off lands
BR-2 primmers
winchester brass
3052 fps

I have a Rem 700 in 25.06 and have used it quite a bit on coyotes. I must warn you it is not easy on pelts but kills them dead! My rifle loves IMR 4350 powder and Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets both in 85 gr and 100 gr. I use the 85s for coyotes specific and the 100s when I'm on a combo hunt for antelope etc. Go to the Nosler book and use that as your guide. The velocity in the book will show faster than the chrony will tell you though. The 25 is a great long range rifle. I use it mostly as a "Drive By"rifle. I use a 6mm with 55gr BT for calling and the 204 Ruger 32gr BT for fur. Hope this helps, Good Hunting!

I shoot 100 gr ballistic tips for coyote/deer in both my 25-06 and 257 WTBY and it IS NOT fur friendly. Both rifles primarily deer but I don't let coyotes have freebee's...

I shot two coyotes one night with the 75 grain Vmax no exit, which is perfect, but I never shot them again. My go to bullet was 100 grain SMK, quarter sized exit hole on chest shots. If you hit a leg bone under 300 yards it got nasty! I even head shot a few cow elk. I shot several coyotes with the 115 Berger and they worked great. Small exit wounds on coyotes and quarter sized exit on wolf at 420 yards.
My 25-06 is a 6.5-06imp now, so my stash of .257 bullets goes to my wife's 257 ackley.
Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.