25/06 and 110gr Accubond

41mag

I had planned on hitting the range this weekend to do some preliminary loading with the 110gr AB's. However as is generally the case around here, other things came up.

I was wandering, since I have a BUNCH of the 115gr Pt's, if it would be worth while in working up a new load using the AB's.

My current load is using RL-22 and I have been getting 3150 at 10' fairly consistantly for the past 8 or so years. The load will stick within an inch or slightly under at 200 yds, with us doing our part. I say us as my daughter shoots this rig as much or more than I do. We have used it for everything from long range varmints to hogs, with a lot of deer thrown in the middle. In fact the last critters my daughter took were a couple of coyotes out around 300 - 350 yds and her last deer at around 250. It just works for us.

In looking at the reports from folks using the AB's, it would seem to be wonderful for this caliber and I should be able to get right at 3200 with it from my rifle. With the slightly higher BC. it should work out to about the same as what I have been using. I just hate to change things up as I only have one box of the AB's verses several hundered of the PT's of the same lot. Decisions, decisions, any input from you folks?

I guess I just need to hurry up and shoot up all of those PT's, LOL

Mike
I am wondering about the 110 Accubond as well. My Sendero is in Kirby's shop now & he will be giving it the Ackley
treatment & accuracy enhancements. This gun in the 25-06
loads I have used likes the 115TSX & 120 Nos. Part. with
a stong dose of RL25. I may work up slowly from those loads
or try the Accubond. The BC is not as good as I had hoped. I wish they had come out with a 120-125gr. but they didn't.
I am thinking of trying the 100 Gr. or 130 Wildcat because
of the BC's. So far, I haven't seen good velocities with the Accubond for some reason!

I tried the 110g in my Win Classic 25-06. The load I worked up is quite accurate, but then again, so are many others. I used 51g of H-4831, shot *2* 3 shot groups that averaged .45" at 100 yards with a muzzle velocity of 3085fps. Its not the fastest load, but its more accurate then any others I worked with. I will be using it on mule deer in eastern Oregon.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.