243 wssm loads please

handle30

Hey I've been poking about here for a while and have learnt a great deal from this site so i decided to register. My question is Im picking up a browning a bolt in 243 wssm next week and was wondering what powder(s) would be best to reload for it. Also what weight bullet would be handy I was thinking something around 80grn mark but I will be wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Thankyou. Ben

I am using 49.0 gr of imr-4350 with sierra blitz 80gr bullets for 3,450fps.. for 75gr v-max it does 3550fps
I am sure that if you used H 4350 the max load would be a couple of grains less. 210 match primers.. also my gun
had a short throat... oal was 2.270

I have the 243 wssm in a winchester stealth 2 1 in 10 twist, found that it loves 70gr nosler with blc-2,at 43 grs. Clocked it at 3550 on a 10 shot string. Dropped a yote at 612yards last week. It took 2 steps and it was over. Any question drop me a line

Thanks to all who replied. I cant find any other brass except for winchester does anyone else for this caliber? Should I just buy factory ammo adn use the brass from it or just buy the brass (I dont have any reloading gear yet, and my mates away for 2 weeks).

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.