243 win berger hybrid 95 grains

I got some of her deer wrapped and in the freezer. I ended up loosing maybe 2lbs of burger meat from the offside around the exit (rib area), and none from around the entry. It poked right through the near side and did it's job and went on it's merry way into the hillside.

I got some of her deer wrapped and in the freezer. I ended up loosing maybe 2lbs of burger meat from the offside around the exit (rib area), and none from around the entry. It poked right through the near side and did it's job and went on it's merry way into the hillside.

hey Joe
sounds like its done the job:)
looking forward to the pictures
and thanks for sharing

cool, im just used to seeing hybrid target. they dont' have a high bc like the 95g vld's do, usually hybrids are the latest greatest.

I know this is old, but thought I'd reply for anyone who finds this via Google like I did.

The classic is shorter and designed to shoot from Factory guns. It only requires a 1:10 twist as opposed to the 1:9 the true VLD requires. Makes it usable in most factory rifles.

Joe,
Glad the bullets are working out for you! PRM , start at magazine length and do your bullet seating depth testing there and move out in .020 increments using the LOWEST POWDER CHARGE LISTED FOR THAT BULLET/POWDER/CARTRIDGE combination you are testing. If you don't want to get that involved just work up a load at magazine depth like Joe. The Classic Hunters are a HYBRID bullet that combine both the secant ojive of the VLD and the tangent ojive of standard bullets to make them very insensitive to jump and to be used at magazine length loads that give the same results on game as the VLD Hunting bullets. Let us know if you need any help PRM. Thanks for using our bullets!
Take care,
Phil Hoham
Berger Bullet Tech

Hey Phil
I am a big fan of your bullets :)
both the vld and the classic hunter
The vld 87 grain I loaded in lapua brass was shooting like a dream with norma mrp
the classic hunter 95 grain was very easy too load :D
I have shoot roe deer with both bullets and they all drop on the spot

I only hope it will bee easier to import your bullets too Denmark
I have waited 9 months and still waiting

thanks for the help :)

Hey Phil
I am a big fan of your bullets :)
both the vld and the classic hunter
The vld 87 grain I loaded in lapua brass was shooting like a dream with norma mrp
the classic hunter 95 grain was very easy too load :D
I have shoot roe deer with both bullets and they all drop on the spot

I only hope it will bee easier to import your bullets too Denmark
I have waited 9 months and still waiting

thanks for the help :)
prm,
Outstanding! Thank you! When we get caught up it should be easier to get our bullets. The whole US Shooting industries are in the same boat as far as bullets, powder, and primers are concerned.
Thanks for using our bullets!
Take care,
Phil Hoham
Berger Bullet Tech

prm,
Outstanding! Thank you! When we get caught up it should be easier to get our bullets. The whole US Shooting industries are in the same boat as far as bullets, powder, and primers are concerned.
Thanks for using our bullets!
Take care,
Phil Hoham
Berger Bullet Tech

I know :)
thanks Phil
looking forward too shoting berger again both in my new 300wsm and the new 6,5x47 lapua

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.