.243 105Vld bergers,anyone shoot a ground hog or Pd with one?

jacack

i did some load testing today with my 243ackley and got some great groups and the lowest sd's and es's today and think I am going to take the gun for a up comming P dog shoot in south dakota. I wanted to know if the bullet will jus make a nice neat hole or do some damage at say 500+ yards. I got a load that shot in the .2's today at 250yrds @ a average of 3132fps and a 5shot es of 8fps with N160 and really wanted to give it a try on those pdogs but hate to just hit a few and see them still squirm dont in there holes.
anyone shot a living taget with them??

thanks
jared

Shot Berger 105s out of my 6-284 last fall and to my amaizement they would send them flipping even at over 800 yards!Have tryed the 105Amaxes and 107 MKs too with just about as good of results but the Bergers seam to shoot a little smaller groups so I'll have to track down some more.
They aint gona tear them up as bad as a 55 grain Nosler @ 100 yards.Hit one a few years back with a 750grain Amax outa the 50BMG and just about cut it in half,it made it 15 yards trying to get back to the hole before it expired.
They can be some tuff little critters but the 105 Berger will get it done as good or better than most!

Shot two PD's and two Jacks right at 400yds last year with the 105 Berger. It put a hurt on the PD'd but they did perform better on the Jacks. They were cut in half. I'd give them the knod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jared,
You are shooting the 105gr Bergers at the right velocity of 3100fps+, if you push them too hard (3350fps they vaporize before the target) at 3100 fps they are an awesome varmint bullet (thin skinned j-4 jacket)works wel on P.D.'s and chuck's.
B

thanks for the reply's I will give them a try next week in south dakota

jared

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts