240 weatherby

The .240 Weatherby sees quite a bit of popularity on these forum pages so be sure to do a little searching here. This is an example of loading data taken from the Nosler website because it's a good illustration. Always check the data. It does not cover any of the other brands of bullets obviously but gives you a basic idea for powders and bullet design.

1651928008707.png

I've used quite a few of the standard hunting cup and core bullets with success. But I've always preferred the older Hornady 105 gr. AMAX for Coues deer and whitetail. I have some of the Hornady 110 gr. A-TIP to test but it gets wedged in when I have the time. Be sure to know and check your twist rate. Don't forget about Hammer Hunters.

Enjoy the process!

:)

In the 240 Weatherby, I've had very good accuracy using RL22 & H4831 with 95, 100, & 105 grain bullets. IMR 4350 worked well when using the 70 and 75 grain varmint bullets. Powder charges towards the maximum side is where I found the best results.
Gary

I'm at a toss up between the 108 eldm and 108 elite hunter both out of a 1-7.5" preferred 240 wby tikka prefit at 26"… they both shoot under an inch at 200 yds @ 3200 fps. Flattened a big body axis buck last month but only at 89 yds (108 eldm)
I load both with RL22 and settled in 54.6 for the eldm and 54.0 for the Berger elite. Good luck!

Last edited:
95 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip or 90 Gr Accubond with RL-26 at near max charge weight. Should net you appx 3400 fps. This combo has provided superb accuracy and amazing kills on Central Tx Axis and Whitetails.