So sad, especially in a red state like FLA.
You can avoid that by using your provider's network instead of the hotel wi-fi. I did that in Mexico and it worked great.

business owners are more afraid of the mob coming to their front door than they are of trampling on your rights.
we just complain then walk away, the mob tries to destroy there lives at all cost

Not a 1st amendment violation but it does suck. I've dealt with it before especially in the UK. Use cell service and remember how frustrating it was the next time you're looking at hotel deals

That 1A reference was removed. I had a case of the feels when I wrote it. Call it an SJW moment.
I also noticed a box sitting in the corner of my office last week.
My staff neglected to ship it out... I'll handle it personally when I get back in town. Sorry bro.

No worries at all.

Yeah I actually got so in my feelings about it at one hotel I found a website not blocked and bought a gun :p

Wife had knee surgery at North Side Hosp near Atl a couple yrs back. Knowing the visit would be overnite l took my puter along. Couldn't get on GunBroken or ANY favourite forum:( l complained to Admin, was told it was for my own safety.. quote 'We are a GUN FREE Zone'.
l told her that 95% of ALL Mass Shootings happen in Gun Free Zones.
She wanted to argue. Told her to ck it out and walked away...

I'm a little surprised that so many people would be bugged by this so bad......it makes me wonder if they have young children. Just stop and think for a moment about having open Wifi with no parental controls set, at a resort, with a lot of kids. I bet as a business decision, there would be alot more angry parents than angry people looking for unfettered access to the internet. I have no idea what their actual stance on the 2nd A. is, but I do know that you are kinda stuck when trying to apply filters and blocks to the internet. There are more people figuring out new ways of sliding inappropriate material past blockers, than people working to build blockers so most people are left going with the highest level of blocking with unfortunately blocks anything gun related...... just a thought based on what I've seen, and with what's on the internet, I'd rather see attempts made to protect children. Go ahead......lambast me!:eek:

I'm a little surprised that so many people would be bugged by this so bad......it makes me wonder if they have young children. Just stop and think for a moment about having open Wifi with no parental controls set, at a resort, with a lot of kids. I bet as a business decision, there would be alot more angry parents than angry people looking for unfettered access to the internet. I have no idea what their actual stance on the 2nd A. is, but I do know that you are kinda stuck when trying to apply filters and blocks to the internet. There are more people figuring out new ways of sliding inappropriate material past blockers, than people working to build blockers so most people are left going with the highest level of blocking with unfortunately blocks anything gun related...... just a thought based on what I've seen, and with what's on the internet, I'd rather see attempts made to protect children. Go ahead......lambast me!:eek:
When I was a kid, that was my parents job.

When I was a kid, that was my parents job.

I agree......but lots of things have changed from when we were kids. We weren't carrying around devices in our pockets that directly connected us to the filth and garbage of the world. So as a parent, I can control what I can on a child's device, but once that device is connected to open Wifi, I have lost all control. My kids DON'T have devices at a young age because that's the ONLY way I have control.......I think it's a little selfish to write bad reviews and complain because you didn't have unfettered access to the internet, on free wifi, when you realize that underage kids are on the same wifi..... I guess I think leaving open WIFI for children to access is very unresponsable, it's our duty to try help protect kids from harm when they are at ages that they make poor decisions. Saying Windham made a statement about their stance is also not true, if you know anything about how web fillters/security works. Unless you want to manage your own security and filtering you are relying on a outside company to set the parameters...... That company decides what's filtered, not you. Once you look at managing it yourself, (especially for a large company) you realize that it is pretty much impossible.....Ask a IT guy if he wants to be responsible for trying to stay ahead of the ever changing internet.
Kinda like this site is family friendly, (Thanks Len!!) I would expect a resort type motel to be family friendly as well.

Wow! Must be something they've VERY recently adopted. My family has a time-share with Wyndham and we stayed at the Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade, TN for a week back in June. I utilized their WiFi to access this site every day I was there and didn't have any problems at all. This is not a good sign...:confused:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts