225eld match transonic stability?

pondskipper

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to finally shoot out beyond a mile within the next 2 months and have finished load workup on my 300 win mag.

They are shooting .312" ctc at 100yds with an extreme spread of 7fps for 10 shots with an average speed of 2864fps so to say I'm happy is an understatement. This will be my first time going out past 1000 yds so it will be a learning experience for sure.

I spoke with the Hornady rep last week and he told me to use a corrected bc of .719 which at the velocity I'm getting will have them falling below the speed of sound, at sea level at almost exactly 1 mile, and I'm planning on trying to go all the way to 2200 yds wind and weather provided.

My question is if anyone has had any experience with them yet at these types of distances and velocities and how they acted once they made the transition into subsonic flight, do they remain stable and repeatable from shot to shot?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.