• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

224 Valkyrie services needed

B-LOT Banga

224 Valkyrie reamer services needed. I don't know even if can be done. But I do have a brand new spiral fluted and threaded stainless steel 24" heavy bull barrel for an AR-15 chambered in .223 in 1-7" twist. I wanted to know where and if I can even have it reamed out to a .224 Valkyrie? If so where should I send it and around how much does it cost? Also do I have to include the BCG that I will be using? I'm new to this guys so if I don't make any sense I apologize in advance. I just have a bunch of .223 barrels and thought it would be cool to have a different cartridge without buying a whole new barrel and utilize what I already have. Thank you guys and have a nice day.
Aloha, Kalsey

As long as the barrel is not melonite or chrome lined it can be easily done by any gunsmith. I would ask for the bolt you intend to use if I was going to do the work. I would guess you can find a 224 Valkyrie barrel for about the same cost or less than the cost of having a 223 barrel rechambered.

I actually found several sites with Black Friday sales that would cost a brand new barrel about the same as just the shipping to and from a gunsmith. Oh well I guess I just gotta buy a new barrel and save this for the AR-15 ban in the future and hopefully make my money back on this barrel lol. Thank you for your reply.

Aloha from Hawaii, Kalsey