• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

.224 heavy hunting bullets

Iowawhitetailnut

Hi all, recently bought a Tikka 1:8 twist 22-250 and looking for some 70-80gr hunting bullets to load. Please let me know if you have some to part with or know of a source. Thank you

Both 73 & 75gr in stock. Bought some recently and fast shipping! Also a LRH sponsor!

The ELD-M bullets are match bullets and may or may not be what the poster is looking for.

Below is a bullet designed for hunting. Barnes also has .224 bullets available.

On sale right now.

Speer are great option also. I've never had an issue using the ELD-M for hunting. They tend to not have quite as much of controlled expansion like the eld-x do upon impact (M's typically don't have much of an exit hole). Lots of guys with good experience hunting with the eld-m. Good luck and should be a fun gun!

Thanks all. I decided to give the ELD-M a try, I always thought they were for target only but after reading a bit sounds like many people varmint hunt with them. JMW67, sorry I didn't see your offer until after I placed order. I probably would have given those a try.