22 mag pistol

If you mean a semi-auto, they were made in the 80's and not too successful. I had several and they were quite a blaster, yet not accurate. Ammo is much better now and I got a 6" S&W 648, stainless 6-sot revolver. Took 15 pdogs with it in one day driving a field in E. Colorado!! My first was a solid 50 yards and I held the head, thinking about drop, and missed clean. My partner called the shot, I held the belly, and plopped him hard! Shoot the Remington poly-tip and Federal 30gr. Premium. Lots of fun and a great trigger to boot. Bob

i have 2...

one is a taurus 8 shot revolver.....shoots well...the other is the automag 4".....trigger is a little stiff on the AMT but it shoots better than i can shoot it. this was my fav carry gun when lion hunting for yrs.....this gun has killed four lions.....3 were one shot kills....good bullet placement, the other got a little scary ...in my opinion the 22 mag caliber is way under rated...i have seen it used with great succes in several situations..also own 2 rifles in this caliber..both are tackdrivers.....one is an anshutz woodchucker....great little kids gun that stretches their range over a 22rf greatly......

Can you tell what your groups are with the AMT at 25 yds or whatever range you have used and with the brand of ammo used.

Thanks,

Bill

my AMT wil shoot......

minute of rabbit all day long with whatever ammo you use.....i tend to prefer the cci heavier bullets......i once hit a coyote with my 22-250 that was so far away my 1000 yd rangfinder wouldnt range my truck from where i hit him.......but the best shot of the day was when the coyote got up and ran after walking out to him......made a running shot with the AMT @ about 75yds.....the amt is a single action pistol , same as a colt 1911..i have not seriously studied its accuracy potental, but i do tend to hit what i am shooting at with it quite regularly....

AJ

My dad's AMT Automag II, (a sort of 1911 style auto) is pretty darn accurate, usually use winchester super X's, it's been a while since I've shot it but it seems that I remember getting less than 4" groups at 25yds off of sandbags.

The AMT Automag II is now being made by High Standard. I received one for Christmas 1991 with the 4 inch barrel and it is my overall favorite. My dad also has one. We only use Winchester ammo because other brands would not cycle the action properly. I have read that some other brands have changed their ammo and now work in the AMT. Accuracy is one thing this pistol has. My friends and I got together often before marriage and kids, 25+ yards and clay targets freehand were no problem. Whenever I brought the AMT out everyone wanted a turn. Accurate, dependable, good punch, fun, and cheap to shoot. One gun I shall never part with. Warning, very loud and blows fire.

The AMT Automag II is now being made by High Standard. I received one for Christmas 1991 with the 4 inch barrel and it is my overall favorite. My dad also has one. We only use Winchester ammo because other brands would not cycle the action properly. I have read that some other brands have changed their ammo and now work in the AMT. Accuracy is one thing this pistol has. My friends and I got together often before marriage and kids, 25 yards and clay targets were no problem. Whenever I brought the AMT out everyone wanted a turn. Warning, very loud and blows fire.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.