22 creedmoor deer

Finally got to try 22 creedmoor on a deer. Well my boy gave me the puppdog eyes, and said can I shoot dad (how do you say no). His longest shot yet 178 yards. 85.5 grain Berger hybrid. Speed unknown as I loaded into new Peterson brass and had to back load down 3 grains to get a smooth opening bolt. Was at 3300 with hornady brass. She only made it 50 yards after the shot. And his first heart shot. Bullet entered and started expanding under hide about a nickel sized hole inside rib cage. Quarter sized at heart, 50 cent piece leaving heart, golf ball exiting rib cage and tennis ball smashing leg bone exiting.
Hi Coldfinger. Where did you buy your 22 creedmoor? I'm trying to find one with the folding stock.

Most of the 22 creeds are custom-- Oregon Rifle and a few others offer pre-fits for clones and tikkas.

Horizon down here in Texas has been at the forefront of the cartridge

They can get you fixed up between 2200 and 4,000

Fierce is making one in. A simi-custom package.

I'm seeing more and more pop up from time to time.

First blood with the 22 Creedmoor this weekend. Doe antelope at 430 yards off the tripod.

Zermatt TL3
Bartlein 1:7.5 medium palma at 22"
TT Diamond
Manners PRS2 w/mini chassis
NF NX8 2.5-20x MOAR
Gunwerks 8ight can

Shot with an 88 gr ELDM going 3031 FPS. I definitely have room to go with this load, but didn't have time to keep messing with it. 40.7 gr RL-23, Alpha SRP brass, CCI 450, 88 ELDM .020" off lands.

IMG_1717.jpeg
IMG_3618.jpeg
IMG_3718.jpeg

Last edited:
I shot 4 whitetail does last late season in Nebraska. With my 22 creedmoor on a savage msr10 long range precision 8 twist.
2 were at 300 yards
1 at 200 yards
And one at 400 yards
Using texas ammunition (horizon) 80 gr eldm ammunition