20N29 Powder

Discussion in 'Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)' started by Switchback2, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Switchback2

Switchback2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone did any testing to see how the 20N29 Powder compares to H50BMG ?
    I am getting a 338 Cheytac built and was looking for something a little more Temp Stable.
    Thanks for any help

2. calib

calib Well-Known Member

I tried it in my 338 sniptac earlier this summer and I couldn't get the same velocities and accuracy as the h50bmg

3. Switchback2

Thanks for the info calib

calib likes this.
  4. tbrice23

tbrice23 Well-Known Member

Someone needs to step up and produce a temp stable powder to replace H50BMG since it has been discontinued.
    It is my go to for 26 Nosler.
    I scoured the net and local stores to get enough to finish these two barrels out then it's back to the drawing board.

5. calib

calib Well-Known Member

It is not that it is not being produced, it is that we need an importer to bring it in. They are still making it in Australia, Hodgdon just didnt feel they were selling enough to make it worth their while.

6. Switchback2

My local GS has a pile of it on the shelf. I have started buying a few jugs every time I stop by there I just wish I could find a Temp Stable replacement for it before gun gets finish.

calib likes this.
  7. calib

calib Well-Known Member

Buy all you can now in the same lot, that will buy you some time and piece of mind till you can find a replacement, dont worry about selling it, it wouldn't be hard to.

A teaser for your wait on the big 338

Attached Files:

jasent and Switchback2 like this.