2024 Mule Deer Hunt - Need outfitters

arbogb062

Looking for an outfitter to plan a fully guided Mule Deer hunt for 2024. Need OTC tag for said mule deer. Looking to shoot a trophy mule deer 170" or larger. I do not currently have any points in any state. Looking to spend $7500+/- for the hunt, lodging, meals. Airfare, license, tag, taxidermy, tip, etc. not included in this figure. Will be a solo trip.

I have no real preference on state. I am use to hunting whitetails on flat land in DE/MD so would be nice to hunt in some elevation (nothing extreme) but I'm impartial.

Thanks in advance.

I would not hesitate to go to Mexico for a hunt so long as the guide spoke English and there was not a super long drive from the airport to the outfitter. Also, so long as the lodging/camp was somewhat decent.

Good luck getting a hunt in Mexico for $7500.
Your best bet would probably be Colorado or Wyoming
4 horse outfitters is top notch and they take some dandy bucks in an easy to draw unit.

Last edited:

Good luck getting a hunt in Mexico for $7500.
Your best bet would probably be Colorado or Wyoming
4 horse outfitters is top notch and they take some dandy bucks in an easy to draw unit.

Agreed - Did some light Google Searching in Mexico as I didn't even look until manitou mentioned it and saw most of these hunts in Sonora, Mexico are $10-16k. The mulies are trophies for sure, but I can't swing upwards of $15k+ once factor in airfare, taxidermist, gratuity, etc.

With airfare, tags, license, taxidermist I am budgeting $10-11k all in for said 7+/- day hunt. If I can save a buck or two great, but I want the most bang for my buck here in terms of Trophy Mulie.

Last time I guided in Sonora was 2001 and back then the desert muley hunts were going for 10K with the top end guys. Can't say for sure what they're getting for them now.

A true main frame 170 is a heck of a nice muley, and tough to do if one is doing it on their own and on public land. Not so tough if one is guided and one has some change to throw at it. One still has to show up, be in decent shape and be able to shoot straight:)

You might check into Alberta, Canada south of Calgary. I've seen some absolute hammers up there!!! The outfitters up there have the allocations.

There's an outfitter that leases my land and surrounding acreage in Texas. NE corner of WT County. He had other places, but unsure where?

Southern Colorado holds some large Muleys and there are many outfitters that have LO tags available. Hunted it a few times myself and any outfitter that can offer you a legit chance at a true 170+ buck is going to be in the 10k range. They do exist at 7500 but the 170 buck might be the biggest one they have.

If it were me and I was comfortable at $11k all in, I think I'd wait a year and save up the nickels to hunt Sonora. But that's my dream hunt so I'm biased. A legit chance at a desert mulie approaching 200 inches is gonna cause me to empty my piggy bank soon.

Recent Posts