2019 Idaho Big Game Seasons

Hookdown

Fall 2019 will be my first year hunting Idaho, so I'm new to their website and timelines. I can already buy my 2019 license and tags, but I don't see any 2019 season dates yet. I understand that its still 2018, but other states have set their dates, or their seasons start the same day each year (like first Saturday in October, for example). Does anyone have any amplifying information on the 2019 seasons, particular Elk? Thanks.

There is a pretty good chance the season dates will be the same as last year. Most elk hunting general seasons in the southern part of the state start 10/15 and a lot of the northern parts start 10/10. The end dates vary considerably. Higher hunting pressure areas have shorter seasons and some go to 11/08.

At least on elk. My experience with Idaho is that the starting date does not change. As mentioned above the two most common dates seem to be Oct 10 and 15. It doesn't matter if this date falls on a Saturday or a Thursday. It is still opening day. If you have a 2018 Idaho big game laws that should tell you what you need to know. Good luck and have fun.

The start dates are all the same. Starting August 31, head towards CA and WA and you can hunt there until 11/9. Then come back to Idaho and hunt ducks. ;-)

Yes, I'm being a Smart@$$, but I want those two states to know how it feels. Of the 12 camps that were st the trailhead I hunt from, 9 were from those two states (mostly WA). So there were 3 camps with Idaho plates.

Sorry, pity party over.

As has been said, start dates very rarely change so you are pretty safe planning around 2018 dates.

Thanks guys. I knew I'd find the answer here. I appreciate all the great info. Can't wait til next fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.