2014 Wyoming hunt questions

rickdavis81

A friend and I are wanting to head out to Wyoming on a mule deer and antelope hunt next year. We've both hunted our whole lifes but are getting to were we can afford and have the time to try different areas and species. We're planning on camping and bring horses to help with getting to more remote areas. I've been reading on it for quite awhile. I must say Wyomings website is a pain in the arse. Being from MO we're not quite up on the points preference system or the zones.
Are there any OTC tags for muleys or antelopes? I assume if there is it's for certain areas. Whats the chances of drawing a tag your first year? Is there a buddy system (one draws the other does too)? What area's would you recommend. Can I still buy preference points for next year?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A friend and I are wanting to head out to Wyoming on a mule deer and antelope hunt next year. We've both hunted our whole lifes but are getting to were we can afford and have the time to try different areas and species. We're planning on camping and bring horses to help with getting to more remote areas. I've been reading on it for quite awhile. I must say Wyomings website is a pain in the arse. Being from MO we're not quite up on the points preference system or the zones.
Are there any OTC tags for muleys or antelopes? I assume if there is it's for certain areas. Whats the chances of drawing a tag your first year? Is there a buddy system (one draws the other does too)? What area's would you recommend. Can I still buy preference points for next year?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You have until the 30th to buy a point, I would for sure get one for whatever you wish to hunt. Their are no OTC that I know of, just leftover tags. You had better be on the ball to get one of those, they go in seconds! You can draw a tag your first year, but this will most likely be either a less desired area or the special draw. The special side of the draw is for guys that are willing to pay extra to get a tag, its very pricey. So its wait and build points or pay to play. Their are units you can go with one point for deer and lope, but its gona be tough to do both. We did it last year and had a ball, but it just about killed us. I would recommend picking one animal! Points are rounded if you apply together.

Ok. Thanks for the info. We'll definitely order points. We don't mind working our butts off if we have to. Looking at the map my buddy likes 113. Is that a desirable area or hard to get?

Ok. Thanks for the info. We'll definitely order points. We don't mind working our butts off if we have to. Looking at the map my buddy likes 113. Is that a desirable area or hard to get?

Are we talking 113 for deer or antelope? That another part about wyoming thats kinda confusing. 113 for deer is up by Cody, but for antelope 113 is way over by Casper.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.