2000 yards in va

BH--thanks. I was about to post that information. I think it's 400 annual but it cost money to obtainermits, clear land, and then oprate it. I'm not sure about additional user fees though.

Likewise, thanks. I think I'm pretty close for such a good range, and I can't get onto Quantico anymore without waiting in line outside of wearing a uniform, so this may be the next best thing here!

haha looks like Im the only western boy here! I live on the farthest western tip of virginia! Ill be the first to tell you, it flattens out VERY LITTLE here and to be honest the longest shot we take while hunting is about 240 yards. I dont know why Im on this long range forum but maybe one day some of this long range stuff will apply to me! I just like shooting and I love the idea of long range shooting. But if I stay around here my whole life ill probably never put it into practice. We dont even have shooting ranges here. We find national forrest or a farmers pasture fields. lol but im glad to see some Va fella's here!

ishootkittens----not much different in the north west part of Virginia either except we may have a few more farm fields. The long range shooting opportunities are not plentiful here but this long range shooting sure looks fun even if I'm not killin critters.

Other than Quantico and the new Peacemaker range opening up there isn't much else with any real distance that I'm aware of around this area in Northern Virginia. 1000yards is good enough for me for now though. I would love to see something with 2000 yards at some point, but I think I'll have to go elsewhere for that.

I read in western Virginia there's an elk herd that's huntable. Have you ever taken one?

WOW! WE ARE FAMOUS! lol no but I have saw one get busted by a jeep wrangler. It totalled the jeep! The elk of course was killed but it didnt have a mark on it! Not even the antlers! The redneck son of a bitch was out taking pictures with the elk. The pictures was a reflection of this area. He was so **** happy to get that picture that he completely forgot about his jeep that was on fire in the back ground! lol but I have seen these elk and most of them are in Wise county and Lee county! I have a buddy that is 65 (im on 21 lol) and he has killed 2 of these elk which were tearing down a fence on his property! They also have recently advocated to BRING ELK in. ahahahaha once again this has reflected this areas true "redneckness" lol. People are litterally walking the streets with signs and have put up billboards (WE LOVE OUR FARMS, KEEP ELK OUT OF WISE COUNTY!) (ELK=CHAOS!) lol

I would LOVE TO KILL AN ELK! WHAT THE HELL!

I think those elk are migrating from Kentucky. I'm not aware of any attempts by our DNR to relocate a herd in the State.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.