22" proof sendero light
Defiance anti action
Xlr chassis
Magneto v3
225 eldm
Virgin adg brass
H1000
Winchester magnum primers

Today was her maiden voyage. It went very well. I started low, cleaned after a couple of shots, then let her have it. The barrel cooled almost completely after each shot.

I shot at 100 yards, too windy to mess around farther. I think she's a shooter. Here's an 8 shot group over ~2.5 grains of powder, working up .3-.5 at a time.
F77759E1-37C6-4AB9-AD09-FF3FBC887913.jpeg

The plan was to find pressure, back off, find my max load, then come back another day and shoot groups. My issue…I never found pressure. No heavy bolt, no flat primers, no ejector marks. I went all the way to 81.2 which is way over Hornady load data (different brass). I THINK I'm over pressure but I sure don't see it. Any ideas? Quick load maybe? I don't want to push my luck here. I'd like to maximize brass and not push it, but I'm not sure where to go? I've never NOT found pressure.

Here's my chart…
AA4480FE-6A46-4D9D-9869-61DBB34DA86B.jpeg

And Hornady load data…
3B491953-718C-497D-81B8-6484DD2B9E8A.png

Here's a picture of the brass. Red circle was max load of 81.2gr. View attachment 447746View attachment 447753

22" proof sendero light
Defiance anti action
Xlr chassis
Magneto v3
225 eldm
Virgin adg brass
H1000
Winchester magnum primers

Today was her maiden voyage. It went very well. I started low, cleaned after a couple of shots, then let her have it. The barrel cooled almost completely after each shot.

I shot at 100 yards, too windy to mess around farther. I think she's a shooter. Here's an 8 shot group over ~2.5 grains of powder, working up .3-.5 at a time. View attachment 447738

The plan was to find pressure, back off, find my max load, then come back another day and shoot groups. My issue…I never found pressure. No heavy bolt, no flat primers, no ejector marks. I went all the way to 81.2 which is way over Hornady load data (different brass). I THINK I'm over pressure but I sure don't see it. Any ideas? Quick load maybe? I don't want to push my luck here. I'd like to maximize brass and not push it, but I'm not sure where to go? I've never NOT found pressure.

Here's my chart…
View attachment 447742

And Hornady load data…
View attachment 447743
Wow….should cover my response nicely! 👍 memtb

Awesome group from new rifle, minimal work on load, apparently at low pressures……what's not to WOW! memtb
I'm just scared of pushing pressure. I've played that game and then chased my tail coming off pressure to a reasonable load. It just kept going and going and going. My main concern was recoil with the 225s, it was a ***** cat!

There is a goodvideo on youtube from Slavguns where he is doing load work up. Also another from an ELR guy using Ramshot Mag....I forget his name tho.

I know it's not the same bullet or brass but I never found pressure either working up to 80.5 grains of h1000 with 230 Berger's and lapua brass and cci 250's. Mine is a 300prc defiance anti x with 24" proof barrel. I was at 2899 fps at 80.5. I decided to not keep going because it had to be close to max and I had a good node between 79 and 79.5.

I know it's not the same bullet or brass but I never found pressure either working up to 80.5 grains of h1000 with 230 Berger's and lapua brass and cci 250's. Mine is a 300prc defiance anti x with 24" proof barrel. I was at 2899 fps at 80.5. I decided to not keep going because it had to be close to max and I had a good node between 79 and 79.5.
I think that's the plan. I'd like to be in the 2850 range before barrel speed up. So maybe 80.0 or 80.3. Hopefully she continues to shoot!

I was running a 30 nosler at 83.6 and up to 84.5 with no pressure signs. This was with adg brass, H1k and 230 bergers running 2980 in a 26 inch tube. At 84.5 I was just touching powder with the bullet and a sammi chamber.

I'm not sure which case holds more but the 30 nos and 300 prc are nearly identical.

If these were virgin cases, take the same fired brass, size and start a grain below where you stopped and keep going up.

I see what looks like ejector swipe between the triangle and the 3 on the second pic...I have found no pressure on virgin cases and then on once fired same load a bit over pressure with ejector print.

You may have just got one of those really fast barrels...