1st 3 Boars of 2016

Double Naught Spy

This turned out to be a really nice hunt, despite the chilly weather and the breeze. Just over 3 hours into the hunt and this small sounder came out. I kept waiting on them to come closer, but they skirted the field and then started to leave. That was not what I had in mind.

[ame]https://youtu.be/dJ6LfFnqFOs[/ame]

DNS,

Job well done on another outstanding video.

Can you try to make the video's longer? I'm bored at work today and would have liked to watch more hog killing footage!

the mark ii has a great image. the recoil was noticeable. why no can??

Well, if I wanted more recoil dampening, I would go with a good brake over a can any day as cans typically perform much less effectively than brakes for recoil dampening. Cans are certainly better than going with a straight barrel, but not better than going with a brake, though they tend to weigh a whole lot more, LOL.

With that said, I have a Surefire Genesis and Silencerco Omego in jail as we speak, but it will be a while as this all happened just before Christmas.

I've noticed that the hogs are less likely to run off and stay away when I use the supressor. Several times they've run 30-50 yards then stop to look around. Big mistake!

some brakes are certainly better than suppressors for reducing recoil, but when you screw that can on and try it for the first time, you'll chunk the brake in the cattle tank.

the can should certainly do a good job at noise reduction and a more than adequate job at recoil reduction, but i'm sure you've shot suppressed weapons before. i don't want to shoot anything without a can anymore.

i scouted briefly yesterday. still too much snow to get through in most places. soon though... very soon!

be careful asking for too much. if atf screws up, your entire application will be in jail. i called once about the status of a can and the examiner said he already had several calls about cans from my particular vendor and he wasn't taking anymore that day regarding that seller.

i suggest you have a friend who already has an extra can to add you to his trust. then you can legally be in possession of it. disclaimer... follow these instructions at your own risk!!

lastly, you could invite me over to hunt with you and i'll bring an extra :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.