2 Boars Down in Oats Field

Double Naught Spy

[ame]https://youtu.be/06vi9skcWrU[/ame]

A buddy of mine on another forum mention how nothing hides from thermal. Well, I can tell you that a field of oats can hide a lot of things, including hogs.

This video shows an early evening daylight pursuit of hogs and then one after dark. The first hog I shot appeared to take off and when I tracked where I thought it was going, several hogs ran by and escaped to the bottoms. I thought I lost that hog. I did lose one I shot to the bottoms, but review of the video after I got home told me that my first hog was likely dead where I shot it.

The hog at the end of the video managed to run about 20 yards or so, but I could not find it in the high oats. So I lost him as well. Again, later review of the video helped.

I returned the next day and recovered the two hogs still out in the field. The shot on the first hog was quite impressive, punching through the skull and having fragments exit well back on the body. I aimed a bit low for a head shot on the last hog and the shot entered below the chin and did not exit anywhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.