198 score Muley - Long Range Rifles, LLC by Brian C.

Sorry for not responding didn't know this thread existed Thanks for the compliments. It is the biggest deer I have ever shot! It was indeed a great hunt. My son (17) killed a nice 4x4 earlier in the same day and he was there to act as my spotter even making the experience all the better.
The deer is at the taxidermist now, so he will be going on the wall in about a year. The gun is going in the cabinet as I shoot my guns I don't display them:rolleyes: but it is a fine looking machine.
The load is 210 grain Berger, powder-- H-1000, 85.6 grains, 215 Federal primers, loaded 3.092 OAL. Muzzle velocity 2960. I had hoped for a little more velocity out of the load but I hit high pressure signs at 3000 fps. I'll take accuracy over velocity any day.
Next hunt Coues deer in Arizona late season hunt in 3 weeks.

Awesome trophy, and awesome preparation for the hunt. Wish such a trophy is guaranteed with the purchase of the rifle:D.

This is an amazing hunting success! Must have been an ultra sweet experience harvesting a deer that size with such a magnificent firearm. Congratulations:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.