190 gr VLD in .300 RUM

mtmuley

I'd like to try the 190 gr VLD in my .300 Ultra as an antelope load. Will my 26 inch 1 in 10 twist barrel stabilize that bullet? Anybody load it in their .300? What about seating depth? From my research so far, it would seem the closer to the lands the better from an accuracy standpoint. It is in my head that I can use the lighter VLD in place of my 200 gr Accubond, and gain some velocity while maintaining a high b.c. Any help will help. Antelope season here in MT is 2 months away. Thanks, mtmuley

I use the 210 Berger in 1/10 26" 300 RUM just fine, so would expect that one to work well. You could probably even start your load developement using the powder charge you use for the 200 AB and be safe. For seating depth, I have found that I can seat mine to mag length and still get acceptable accuracy even though everyone says that seating into the lands is better.

Anybody use RL-25 with the Vld's? I saw a load on another forum at 98 grains and 3360 fps. A little warmish it seems to me. mtmuley

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.