180 vld's and 168 vld's ?

6BR4ME2

180 vld\'s and 168 vld\'s ?

In a 300 rum rem 700 factory barrel..... will they make it or make the old "blue fog" coming out of the barrel..

berger accuracy no problems however they claim the j4's hold up to around 3500 fps, just wondering if anyone has pushed um that high "without blowing up" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Re: 180 vld\'s and 168 vld\'s ?

I haven't run the 30 cals that hard but the smaller ones will handle some pretty high rpm's the 180's should do fine and the 168 should make it but depending on your barrel ?

why not shoot the 210's , a little slower but much better down range.

I'm thinking 180's ... but ya the #'s state your reply...

I'd definately recommend the 210s. Better BC and you can get them going plenty fast to hit at long range. In my 300WM I have them going 2950fps without a problem and have shot them to 1600 yards without a problem. With the larger RUM you should be able to push them even faster. But if I had to choose between the two you mentioned I would definately go with the 185VLDs.

[ QUOTE ]
In a 300 rum rem 700 factory barrel..... will they make it or make the old "blue fog" coming out of the barrel..

berger accuracy no problems however they claim the j4's hold up to around 3500 fps, just wondering if anyone has pushed um that high "without blowing up" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To All,

I don't know where the 3500 FPS came from, however I don't believe you can break it down into something that black and white. I wish it were this simple. You have to take into account the twist rate and the cartridge, the overall RPM's the bullet will be spinning at, and any rough spots in the bore, things like this that can make any bullet blow up.

We have spent a lot of time and money digging into the reason bullets blow up and have found that there is not one single thing that all the sudden makes your bullet blow up, it could be from a combination of things at once, or just one thing.

Hope this helps.

I want to thank all the long-range hunters for trying our NEW Hunting Bullets.

I'm running 3400fps with the Berger 185's out of my factory Remmy sendaro.

97grs. H-1000
Fed. 215
Rem. cases
OACL 3.600

This load shoots a ragged hole at 300 and 1-1.5" at 500yds with according to my program produces 1520 ft/lbs at 1000yds.

Tim

Hey Shawn,

When can we expect some high quality 338 bullets?

I know that the 3500 is a wives tail i was pushing the 168's at 3650 out of my rum in a factory barrel 1-10 twist.

d-a

Didn't mean to stir anything about the 185 vld's...berger quality is excellent...

I don't think anyone stired the pot, I just wanted to let whoever reads this forum, what we found out in our testing.

I enjoy the exchanges on these forums, they are a great way to exchange information to new shooters or new to a type of shooting.

Let's go shoot something shall we?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Shawn,

When can we expect some high quality 338 bullets?

I know that the 3500 is a wives tail i was pushing the 168's at 3650 out of my rum in a factory barrel 1-10 twist.

d-a

[/ QUOTE ]

We are working on a 338 bullet for te future, I can't say when it will be done, we have to build a new machine before we can start making the larger bullets.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to thank all the long-range hunters for trying our NEW Hunting Bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote of the year! I hope to use some of them myself if the timing is right.

Hey Shawn. Good to see you on the web. This is Rob the tactical shooter who you spoke with at SHOT 06' and we spoke a few times on the phone and through e-mails. Thanks again for the Berger support for the Snipers Hide Cup and the Alleghany Sniper Challenge. I'm still using the Berger 210s in the 300WM.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.