17 Hornet loads

17remhunter

I have a CZ 527 17 Hornet that shoots like a Custom Im shooting the 20gr Nosler HP and 12.5gr of VIT 120 Oddly enough Im cronoing that load at 3827 have shot lots of 5 shot groups in the high .3s I shot a 22 Hornet for years for ground squirrels out in the alfalfa fields in Nevada using a 30gr berger and W296 Shot hot loads with a velocity at 3600.

Has anyone found that the 17 Hornet is capable of a lot more velocity than you see in reloading manuals

I have a CZ 527 17 Hornet that shoots like a Custom Im shooting the 20gr Nosler HP and 12.5gr of VIT 120 Oddly enough Im cronoing that load at 3827 have shot lots of 5 shot groups in the high .3s I shot a 22 Hornet for years for ground squirrels out in the alfalfa fields in Nevada using a 30gr berger and W296 Shot hot loads with a velocity at 3600.

Has anyone found that the 17 Hornet is capable of a lot more velocity than you see in reloading manuals
It is possible, I had a custom .221 fireball made and was only expecting 3,000 fps but with a mid range load of lil gun I got 3,500 fps and I bet I could run it up to 4,000

Im looking forward to doing a lot of coyote calling this fall and winter in Central Nevada. Im going to be taking my 17 Hornet with me. Im very curious on how it will preform on coyotes. I know one thing for sure with the Badgers I have shot DRT. IT will be interesting, assuming that I make good lung hits.

I just picked up a cz 527 17 hornet, came with 500 rnds of factory ammo guess I won't be loading anytime soon

I am collecting the ammo awhile so I have plenty of that n sooner or later I will find the gun….keep us posted on how that cz does if you don't mind
Sure will might be a while, dialing in a 33 nosler right now for an elk/mule hunt.

The ammo that came with it was factory hornady 20gr. V-max so I hope it like it