143 eld-X 6.5x284 Question

Ltsheets

Well I'm gonna load up some 143 eld X in my custom 6.5x284 to see how they do compared to my 140vld load. Gonna try retumbo or Imr 4831. Thoughts on powder and seating depth advice?

I load mine with 56.3 retumbo with a .095 jump in lapua brass with a CCI BR-2 this load runs 2966 average velocity out of a 26.5" brux 8.5 twist barrel.
I would do a seating depth test at about 55.5gr Retumbo then work up the powder .5 gr at a time to find your load. 57 is a max load in my rifle and 57.5 had a sticky bolt lift.
good luck and they shot better at 200 yards then they do at 100.

What do u recommend for a seating depth test? I've done bergers depth test before but that's the only standard type test I've done.

I started .005 off touching the lands and worked back in .03 increments I could only get .095 off before I started crunching to much powder

Did you ever get a length on the ELD-X in your 6.5, I am trying the exact same thing. I have two 6.5-284, and one I would like to shoot these ELD-x through. For some reason it seems I am seating the bullet much further then the Berger 140

Mine shoots best on the lans I worked out and ended up with 4831sc at 2850 fps. Savage lrh. Vld were a small increment more consistent than vldh

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.